“If any individual says I’m better than Roger_Federer(tennis participant), I count on this individual not having any knowledge about tennis.”(Rafael Nadal)
These are not exceptional terms but additionally the appreciation of an opponent.
Rafael Nadal was born on June 3, 1986, in Manacor, Spain.
Nadal started to play tennis at the same time as he became three years old.
At the extra youthful age of twelve, Nadal received the Spanish and ECU tennis titles from the organization, even as he became an additional football gambler.
Nadal’s father made him pick one of them, between football or tennis so that his education would not possibly go to pot entirely. Nadal said: “I choose tennis because football doesn’t fulfill my dreams.” When he entered at fourteen, the Spanish tennis federation requested Nadal to depart Mallorca and come to Barcelona to maintain his tennis schooling. His family denied moving with him so that he could concentrate on his education. However, Toni stated “I don’t want to consider whether you go to America or any other place but you should be a good athlete. But if you do it from your native country then you could not get funds and support from the federation.
He proved his imaginative career in tennis by the way of usage of the youngest Male participant who got the 1/3 spherical of Wimbledon. He started out his profession on the extensive type of fifty. In his worldwide debut at the age of nineteen received a French open championship call to mark his career colorful and after it, he won eleven singles to earn the pick out”KING OF CLAY”.
This victory brought numerous awards which include “The Golden Bengal award” and “most stepped forward player of tennis”.
After the fulfillment of the Grand Slam in opposition to Roger Federer, he became the first guy who won this call in competition to Rodger.
Nadal modified into under twenty even as he became one of the maximum flexible teenagers who got International rank in competition to ATP( affiliation of tennis professionals)excursion. The point is Nadal gained 16 titles along with French open and 6 masters activities. Three hundred and sixty-five days of 2008 changed into a notable 12 months of Nadal at the same time as he became international 1 after defeating Roger Federer in historical Wimbledon.
After that, he was given a Gold medal in the Beijing Olympics 2008. At the age of twenty-four when he defeated Djokovic in the 2010 US OPEN, he became the primary participant in the arena of tennis and obtained majors on 3 unique surfaces ( clay, hard and grass) within the same 12 months.
He has been number one worldwide for 209 weeks and has finished due to the fact the 12 months-stop, five instances.
Nadal has obtained an all-time file of 22 Grand Slam single men’s titles, collectively with a document of 14 French Open titles. He acquired 92 ATP singles titles, which included 36 Masters titles, with 63 of these on clay courts.
Nadal is an honest fellow who completed the career Golden Slam in singles.
His eighty-one consecutive wins on clay are the longest single-surface win streak within the Open generation.
Nadal vs Roger
They have played 40 times. Nadal leads 24–16 overall and 10–4 in Grand Slam tournaments. Nadal has a winning record on clay (14–2) and outdoor hard courts (8–6), while Federer leads the indoor hard courts 5–1 and grass 3–1.
Nadal is the only player who has competed and won against Federer in the final of a Grand Slam on all three surfaces (grass, hard, and clay).
Nadal vs. Djokovic
Novak Djokovic and Nadal have met 59 times (more than any other pair in the Open Era). Nadal leads 11–7 at Grand Slam events but trails 29–30 overall.
They have played a joint-record 18 Grand Slam matches and a joint-record nine Grand Slam tournament finals (tied with Nadal–Federer). Nadal leads on clay 20–8, while Djokovic leads on hard courts 20–7, and they tied on grass 2–2. In 2009, this rivalry was listed as the third greatest of the previous 10 years by ATPworldtour. Djokovic is one of only two players to have at least ten match wins against Nadal (the other being Federer) and the only person to defeat Nadal seven consecutive times, twice, and two times consecutively on clay.
Net worth and Brand Ambassador
The net worth of Rafael Nadal is 220 million USD. And now he is a great sponsor of KIA MOTORS since 2006. And also the sponsor of the NIKE brand. Nike paid him 10 million USD every year. Nike was the sponsor of Rafael Nadal when he was 13 years old.
Rafael Nadal also is working as a brand ambassador for Banco Santander, Telefónica, and Amstel Ultra.
Guinness World Records
• In the Male category, the Most Grand Slam singles tennis titles won is 22.
• Most titles of one Grand Slam singles tennis tournament – 14 at French Open
• Most consecutive French Open singles tennis titles won by a man. Which is 5.
• Most consecutive Grand Slam singles final losses by a man. Which is 3.
• The first player to win 10 singles titles at the same Grand Slam (Open Era)
• The first player to win 10 singles titles at the same ATP World Tour event (Open Era) – 11 at Monte-Carlo Masters
• The youngest man to win a tennis Career Grand Slam in 24 years, 3 months and 10 days. •
Most men’s ATP titles are won outdoors. Which is 90.
• Most consecutive years winning an ATP title – 19
• Most clay-court singles titles (Open Era) – 63
• In the male category, Most tennis singles matches on clay won consecutively which is 81. •
Most consecutive sets won on a single surface – 50 on clay
• First players to win all four tennis Grand Slams together – 2013 with Serena Williams •
Longest Grand Slam tennis final – with Novak Djokovic at the 2012 Australian Open • Most ATP Tour singles match between two players (Open Era) – 59 with Novak Djokovic • Most tennis Grand Slam meetings (Singles) – 18 with Novak Djokovic
• The Foundation of Rafa Nadal was established in November 2007. The work of the organization major focus on social work and development aid especially for children and youth.
• Nadal did his first tour In October 2010, when India was struck by poverty. Where he also made his first visit to his tennis academy for needy children at Anantapur Sports Village. His foundation is also working on the Anantapur Educational Center Project with the collaboration of the Vicente Ferrer Foundation.
• In 2018 Nadal opened his first tennis academy for the flood victims of Majorca.
• Where he also saw with his friends to help the suffering people from the flood. Moreover,
Nadal donated 1 million EURO to the Flood relief fund. He additionally organized other charitable sports, e.g. the Olazábal & Nadal charity golf tournament.
Famous Quotes of Rafael Nadal
• “Even if I have already peaked, I have to believe I can improve. I wake up every morning, and go to practice, with the illusion that I’m going to get better that day.”
• “However great your dedication is, you never win anything on your own.”
• “I have no sense of humor about losing.”
• “I was shy when I was a kid, I was very shy, but now I think I’ve improved a lot. I can speak OK with the media and with the people. My English is still bad but I feel a little bit better now than before.” • “That’s always painful to lose.”
• “If you don’t lose, you cannot enjoy the victories. So I have to accept both things.” • “No one is perfect. Everybody does stupid things.”
• “To be a friend means that they are always there, for the good or the bad.”
• “I always had the theory that the most important thing is to be happy, enjoy what you are doing, and be fresh mentally.”
• “I always work with a goal – and the goal is to improve as a player and a person. Finally, it is the most important thing of all.”